Thursday, April 13, 2006

Busy? Me? Naaah!

Um ... I just realized taxes are due. This weekend.

And I haven't started mine yet.

Yeah ... fun stuff. And throw that into the mix with parents arriving from out of town tonight. Totally forgot today was Thursday, and they were going to be here. Today. Thursday. Gaah!

And I only remembered because my mom called me at lunch to say "hi, just wanted you to know ... we just left" -- and my reply ... "Uh ... Left? To go where?" Mom: "Your house!" Me: "Oh, mom ... I was just joking. I KNOW you're coming to my house!" [Internally thinking: Yeah, I know they're coming, but forgot they were coming TODAY -- is everything clean and ready?]

So ... out of town parents now in town -- tonight ... foot washing and communion service tonight ... LBY post due tomorrow ... Anniversary party for friends all day Saturday ... Pick up hubby's suit for Easter from cleaners on Sat ... Singing solo in church Sunday which I haven't practiced yet (maybe tonight?) and am hoarse from lovely chest cold -- GREAT! ... have lots of LBY homework to do ... still getting stuff ready for retreat next week ...

And ... to top it all off ... I invited KPJara to come on out to our foot washing service tonight ... haven't heard back from her ... I'm pretty sure it's because she must be on the plane. Oklahoma's not too far from Washington, D.C. -- right?

Gotta fly -- check ya later.

7 comments:

Heather Smith said...

Hope you have a great visit with your parents! Hope your services go good! Have an awesome Easter! I love this season!

Anonymous said...

UGH, I have to do my taxes too!

kpjara said...

You pay taxes???

A funny thing happened on the way to the foot washing. Turns out the plane I climbed into didn't really GO anywhere...you put the quarter in and the dang thing just vibrates a bit.

I knew it was too good to be true seeing that plane outside of WalMart! I thought you had sent it special for me!

I'm still going to try to get there. I found a racecar outside Wal-Mart and it looks much more promising...I've just got to dig out some more quarters...hmmm...

If I don't see you, wash the feet of someone with BIG ole feet (like my size 11's) and think of me. I even painted my toenail pretty Easter pink.

Enjoy your parents...let them spoil the boy and have some good MOM time!

Blessings!

Carol said...

It's been a long time since I participated in foot washing. I think a lot of folks are too self-conscious to engage. Too bad. It's a beautiful act and quite humbling.

Pay Caesar and have a joyous Easter!

Anonymous said...

Hang on! I'm getting on a plane RIGHT NOW. I'll get your laundry done and watch The Boy while you practice your song, okay?

*sigh* Just a little fantasy--wish I could do it, friend, and I would. In the meantime, I'll pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Have a beautiful visit with your parents & knowing Grandparents they will probably take the little one off somewhere to spoil him so you can do all that other stuff while this is happening. Happy Easter!

someone else said...

Ok, GiBee, step back, take a deep breath............

Taxes don't have to be postmarked until the 17th. That's Monday. You have an extra 2 days!