Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday Wrap Up

I'm torn... I want to do a Wednesday Wrap Up, but I also want to post pictures... so I think I'll do both -- and we'll start off with the Wrap Up, then I'll post pics this afternoon, okay?

As usual ... you all blew me away. I hope that you check back from time to time to read the other comments... they are simply amazing ... from the simplest one liner to the blovel -- I love reading each and every one! I love this song so much. It moves my heart each time I sing it or even read the words.

"You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel, Lord to give up I'd be a fool, You are my all in all."

So, to me, this particular part of the song brings to mind Matthew 6:19-21 where we are told not to store our treasures here on earth.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matt. 6:19-21

I wonder ... are my priorities in order? Do I seek the Lord as a precious jewel? As my treasure? Or do I put a higher priority on seeking other things in my life that can be destroyed by moths and rust, or can be stolen? It's really something to analyze in each of our lives, because look at the last part of that scripture... where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. I have to question myself... where is my heart? Is it seeking the things of the Father? Am I about his business? Or is it seeking things that make me happy in the "here and now?"

Sometimes I question my priorities, because in this area... things are so expensive. We both have to spend a lot of time at work so that we can pay our $2500 mortgage. Ouch! But -- we both have used cars, so there's no treasure there. I do love "things" ... but since we had our son, my priorities have changed so much! I have an innocent, tiny person to take care of now. He looks to me for his every need. Is that how I look to my Father? As a babe? Do I look to him for my every need to be taken care of, or am I spinning my wheels here and trying to fill all my own needs and take care of myself?

I know many times while I was battling infertility, I often thought of giving up. It was so difficult to imagine that my God ... a loving and caring God ... would want me to be barren the rest of my life. Without child. It really rocked my faith at times. And looking at this particular verse of the song, the word FOOL really strikes me hard! It is such a strong word ... I looked it up on Google this morning, because I wanted to show you the definition of FOOL: a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of; a person who lacks good judgment -- WOW! How true is that? If I don't seek the Lord ... if I give up, I would be a person who lacked good judgment ... who could be easily taken advantage of. Huh! Brings a whole new meaning to light, doesn't it?

You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel, Lord to give up I'd lack good judgment or be taken advantage of, You are my all in all.

A few of you mentioned Phil 4:13 -- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I have learned that if I'm not constantly wrapped in the word (I love that expression), the Holy Spirit, and my focus is not on God, I falter in my faith. I become weak and easily frightened -- lack strength. I KNOW that realistically, I can't do all things. And... I'm honest enough to accept that even through Christ I may not do ALL things... but I can face and accept the outcome. I had to learn to think this way after so many miscarriages. I would often say, "Oh! I'm pregnant! I can hold onto this pregnancy, because with Christ, I can do all things, and he wants me to have the desires of my heart!" -- Well, that's true and not true. His timing is everything! Mine isn't. BUT, what I did learn is that with Christ I had the strength I needed to get through another miscarriage. I had his grace covering me. I had his love soothing me. I had his peace. To me, that's part of what that scripture means.

This is one of the very reasons I love praise and worship music. The words cause me to think. Cause me to review. Causes pause in my life. And, strikes up good conversation!

4 comments:

Donnetta said...

Gibee, Just curious. You love praise and worship music. I know you can sing (you told us all you sang a solo). You have a tender heart towards the things of the Lord. And I know you're church is looking for a leader. Why not you? Hope I'm not being too bold in my asking... just curious. If you'd rather not post your answer here... e-mail me.
momrn-2@hotmail.com

GiBee said...

Well -- I once did lead worship, but there has really been a lot of change in my life after the birth of my son. My husband is on the praise team, and he helps plan worship, but it is so difficult without live music... i-worship is great, but has it's limitations and difficluties.

Also, the PT practices in the evenings and both of us can't be out late with our son. He's so schedule driven and used to going to bed between 8 and 8:30, that I really can't keep him out or put him into bed any later than 9:00. Maybe when he's older I might sing on the PT again.

Maybe it's all excuses... but I think we're looking for someone that can play and lead (either guitar or piano).

kpjara said...

and now you have your story...your testimony to hold the hands of others who walk through this experience, with love, grace and laughter others won't have to feel so alone and so empty.

Anonymous said...

Um....you won Tuesday Guess It....