Thursday, April 27, 2006

With friends like that...

Oh, my! I am overwhelmed by your outpouring of love, support and prayers! I don't even know where to start.

Tuesday, while I was driving to the doctor, I called my husband on his cell phone. We were traveling on the same 4-lane highway, but going in opposite directions at the same time, and I thought I had passed him. Sure enough, I did. I told him I wasn't feeling well, and was worried about my doctor's appointment. Of course, that worry was nothing like yesterday's worry!!! He immediately prayed with me, and told me he had called his sister and asked her to pray for me, too. Which was so calming. She's a prayer warrior, and I KNOW that if her brother asked her to pray ... SHE DID. That, and my husband's prayer, carried me through the appointment. I haven't told the rest of the family any of this, because we don't really KNOW what's going on yet ... but that's okay... my sister in law does read this, so she's probably keyed in on this now.

Then, last night, I was a ball of tears. My husband innocently said something, it hurt my feelings, and I cried for about an hour. Maybe it was all the stress being released ... who knows. But it did me good to cry it out! My son didn't know what to make of it, but ... at least I'm a quiet crier and not a loud sobby kind of crier ... so while he was perplexed, he wasn't scared! LOL! (I can be a drama queen, and freak out easily -- shocking, huh?)

It's funny how when you are in a "freak-out" moment, you forget everything you know ... know what I mean? For instance ... Shalee was right in her comment ... I have a number of good prayer warriors lifting me up to God. (Okay -- she is right about having a hot fudge sundae after the mamogram, too! A girl after my own heart!) KPJara shared Psalm 18:2, which is a song I sing whenever I'm distressed... thank you for the reminder. Aggiejenn shared a beautiful prayer from Stormie Omartian's "A Book of Prayer." Flip Flop reminded me to STAY OFF THE INTERNET (I know she wasn't yelling at me!) -- and for the record -- flat hair is just that ... hair that is obnoxiously flat when it should be bouncy! Perri -- I see your point ... fortunately, I am blessed to have a husband who baby's me and cares for me no matter what!!! He always goes above and beyond his share of duties ... Praise God for my husband!

Kristen reminded me of Proverbs 3:5 -- and to trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding, and Faith emailed me a reminder of Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. MomRN2 -- I can't imagine having to make the decision of having a "preventative mastectomy" -- I keep telling myself that technology has just GOT to come out with something better for us women ... and soon! Thank you for carrying this load for me! I'll carry yours for you!

And SHANNON -- well, daggone it ... she pretty much hit the nail on the head ... Here's what she said in the comments ... she told me that I'm "not only carrying around the burden of worrying, but you're carrying around GUILT for being worried. Is it normal to be fearful when uncertain things happen? OF COURSE. When your son is frightened would you scold him for being afraid, or would you scoop him up in your arms and let him cry until he felt better? Certainly, you would do the latter. Instead of beating yourself for feeling normal human emotions, just take them to your Father in all honesty, and know that He'll hold you just the same way you'd hold your own child. " She's a smart chick. Okay -- ALL of you are, because you agreed with her, too!

And ALL of you reminded me that you are praying for me and have either been there, done that, or had similar scares. You all speak from experience ... tempered with grace and love.

Oh, yeah ... and Holymama! My goodness, God is sooooo good, isn't He?

See what I mean? Sometimes, you just need to be reminded of the basics!!! You all have done that for me! And besides ... Carol told me I'm no longer allowed to worry about this ... so that's good enough for me!

With friends like this, how can a girl go wrong?

(Sorry I didn't include any links with names ... I'm feeling rather lazy today and overloaded with work, so I'm rushing...)

12 comments:

Mama D said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. And I'm sorry I missed yesterdays post. I hope all goes well and everything is A okay. I'm praying over here too!

someone else said...

Whatever do people do who don't have a support system of friends, prayer and a faith! I'm praying for comfort and peace to your heart today.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know you were in my thoughts & prayers this morning. May the Lord bring you a day of beauty & peace.

Heather Smith said...

You are in my prayers, girl. I think the hardest part of tests is the waiting for results. It gives you all this time to churn over all the possibilities in your mind. And of course the bad possibilities are the ones that keep coming back to mind. But NO MATTER WHAT, God is there. I posted a while back about a storm I went through. The post was called, "The Master of the Wind." I think the post would help you, so here's the link: http://heathersrollercoasterlife.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_heathersrollercoasterlife_archive.html

Stacey said...

So glad you were encouraged by all of the comments!! It's so nice to have such good bloggin' buddies, huh?

Pam said...

So glad to be able to support you in prayer through this time. Know God will be ever closer still as you lean on Him.

kpjara said...

You are such a blessing to each of us in the "blogdom"...plus we are only as strong as our weakest link! We are linked afterall...

sarahgrace said...

Oh my goodness. Sorry I'm so late...
I will be praying for you as well!

Addie said...

I hope you get some answers real soon, so you can move forward. It's that awful waiting period that can send us to the looney bin! I pray that in your waiting, your strength in the Lord will be renewed and not depleted!

GiBee said...

Thank you all for your friendship and prayers!

Morning glory -- I ask myself the same thing!

Heather -- I read your post and loved it... Honey -- Brain Surgery??? Oh, my! I wish I had known you back then to pray for you... You are simply adorable and I love reading your blog. Praise God, He never left your side!

If any of you want to read Heather's post, the html address was cut off in my comments... here it is again ... I hope the whole address comes through -- http://heathersrollercoasterlife.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_heathersrollercoasterlife_archive.html

Faith -- Honey, I'm praying for you right now. Remember our study this week? God's PEACE be over you!

Addie -- what are you doing up so late!!! My goodness!

Donnetta said...

Hang in there friend... I'm still praying!! (When are you supposed to get the results anyway? Did I miss that...?)

GiBee said...

MomRN2 -- Thanks! Hopefully I'll get the results some time today.