Friday, December 22, 2006

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear...

For the last week, I have been up until midnight (if not 2:00 a.m., but SHHH -- don't tell anyone!) baking, wrapping, and organizing ... all without and injury or mishap, mind you...

Then, my parents arrived last night. We met them for dinner, and when we got home, I jumped right into baking and wrapping mode ... again.

Around 11:45 pm, I began cleaning up my mess, straightening the family room, and getting ready to go to bed, when lo and behold ... it came ... upon a midnight clear ... I fell.

Yes, indeedy. I did.

Now, many of you may be thinking, "Oh, my goodness ... are you okay?"

My husband, on the other hand, was thinking ... "Good grief! Again?" (there's a reason I'm likened to Calamity Jane!)

Let me assure you ... I'm just fine ... except for a bruised knee, and a possibly broken or badly sprained big toe, some aches and pains in the hip and shoulder areas, and of course, the ol' injured dignity.

You see, I didn't fall because I stepped into a huge crevice, or because I was skating on ice, or because of some incredible force majure (act of nature). No. I fell because the clogs I was wearing (which are, by the way, the bestest shoes for bad arches or bad feet) slipped off one foot, and I got entangled in the heel strap, catapulting me forward about four feet, causing me to trip over my other clog which was now slowly being forced off my other foot due to the force of gravity (um, maybe it was friction) I just aquired, forcing me to twist strangely in order to avoid landing my face on Hunter's little fire engine (that would have caused even more bruising and pain).

Glamorous and dainty, you know. It's called Grace in Motion.

At least I didn't "sprain" anything (which turned out to be torns ligaments in my ankle) as I did in another unfortunate midnight sprawl!

Oh, the dignity.

12 comments:

Donnetta said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I'm so glad you are ok. I hope even the aches and pains aren't too bad.

You know, with your mom now there you could capitalize on this if need be! :-) Just kidding... that's not like you.

Anyway, I really am glad you are ok. Maybe it will give you a bit of time to rest from being such a busy bee lately!

Hope and pray you have a wonderful time with your parents!! And take it easy from here on out, huh?! :-)

boomama said...

From one "Grace" to another, I'm mighty glad you're okay. I have the unique ability to trip over air, so I empathize with you. Take it easy over the holidays - and enjoy your parents being there with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I'm glad to hear you're basically okay. Praying all the aches and pains quickly disappear!

Anonymous said...

That is not good GiBee! I hope you'll be up and ready for Christmas. At least you weren't out in public : )

Funny thing... last night I was taking a nice hot relaxing bath and praying. Your name popped into my head and I prayed for you to get pregnant quickly! I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Please don't take it strangely that I was in the bath though!!

Julie said...

Good grief, I'm so sorry. Having just fallen off of a sled and taken quite a clobbering, I can completely relate to the entire 'ouch factor'.

I pray you're well soon. Merry Christmas to you and your entire family!

Tammy said...

Oh, glad your fall wasn't worse! I'm sure it was due to your overworking until late hours all week...it's amazing how our body doesn't cooperate when we're lacking some good zzz's!

Take care of yourself...and have a Merry Christmas!

~Tammy
http://familydoins.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm sorry...Hugs to you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Glad you are OK. So, how did the injectibles go? Gettin' ready for the big "to-do" soon?

Anonymous said...

I could really say something here about our being in need of grace. But I'll restrain myself.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Sorry 'bout your spill. I truly do hope it is as you say and nothing is seriously injured.

Did you get all your little tasks done, though?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are okay...that doesn't sound fun. I hope all the small injuries get better soon. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kim

Anonymous said...

You have been busy!!!
hope you heal soon
Merry Chrsitmas

Nancy said...

I am exactly the same way... and my daughter too... wonder what makes us that way. I am glad it is no worse, be careful, and enjoy your parents.