Thursday, December 14, 2006

It is finished... And yet ... it's NOT.

Yes, friends ... my Christmas shopping is FINISHED. Now, I can concentrate on wrapping, cleaning, baking, arranging, and picture taking. But even though all the Christmas shopping is finished... I STILL don't have a picture for our Christmas cards, because Hunter has just looked icky each weekend that I had planned to take pictures. So, this weekend, whether he looks good or not, whether he feels better (which he does) or not ... pictures will be taken, cards will be ordered, address labels will be printed, and the finished product will be mailed by next week.

I've been getting awesome, beautiful Christmas cards from my friends around the country, and I'm so enjoying hearing all the updates, and staring at all the gorgeous children. Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas blessings with me, and just so you know ... yours will be in the mail next week!

Now ... for some big, exciting news (for me, at least!) ... we have FINALLY begun our last IVF cycle. Tuesday night, we kicked the eventful procedure off with the first of many huge intra-muscular injections (18 gauge needle -- UGH!) in my upper batookus. Joy! Many of my friends have been asking when we will be starting the next cycle, so ... consider this the big announcement! The actual transfer will be either on the 4th or 9th of January. YAY!

So now begins the many weeks of shots, bloating, and coursing hormones as my body is prepared for incubator status and new home to one, two, or more babies! All prayers would be most appreciated!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, GiBee, I'm glad you told us. I'll be praying...

Jennifer said...

Praying for you! Thanks for the announcement; I've been thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, GiBee I will be praying for you!!!!
WOw that is so exciting....just a side note and you can deletd my post if you need, but a RN friend of mine told me to put ice on the area I was going to be sticking for about two minutes before. I didn't bruise at all. (18 gauge needle ---UGH!!!! is right).
Blessings!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow I will be praying for you! That is so awesome. I am so excited for you!!!!!
on a side note....A RN friend of mine told me to put ice on the area you were going to put the needle in for about 1-2 minutes before you stick...that will keep the bruising down...worked for me! blessings

Donnetta said...

Glad Hunter is feeling better! You are doing great with having your shopping done, cards about ready to go out, etc. Good for you!!

Of course I'll be praying!!! Giddy with excitement for you!! (Not for everything you will go through between now and then... but for the final then!) :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying! How exciting!

Kim

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! Congrats! Didn't realize you were a fellow trying-to-conceive veteran! How awesome is that?! But (LOL) what in the world made you decided to start your injectibles over the holidays?? Are ya' crazy, woman? LOL

God's blessings and His will be done! Praise Him!

Anonymous said...

I'll continue praying!! By the way, I need you to e-mail me your address!!

Shalee said...

Sitting here with my eyes shut really tightly having a talk with my Daddy...

"God, you know all that stuff I said I wanted for Christmas? I take it back. Please let GiBee get pregnant. That's a better gift anyway. In your son's (hint, hint) name I pray. Amen."

I'll be repeating something along that line until you let us know how the rounds went...

Susanne said...

How exciting! I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Saying prayers for you!! I hope your little one feels better soon too!

Nancy said...

Great news, I will keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Wow GiBee, I had no idea you were going through this. I'll be praying for you and you hubby. Hunter will be such a cute big brother! Can't wait to hear the big news!!

Carol said...

Sorry about the batookus. It will all be worth it when you hold that baby!

Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com said...

How exciting! Love and prayers coming your way, dear heart.

Anonymous said...

Good on you for finishing off your Christmas shopping
Praying for you