Monday, April 23, 2007

SHUT UP!!!

Let me just start by saying ...

SHUT UP!!!

Phew... I feel better now.

Well, if you're a member of the MothersClick Weekly Click for Mom's e-newsletter, then you have known all along about the cook book they are creating and putting up for sale (duh), and all proceeds -- yup, that's right -- ALL, as in 100% -- go to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. SWEET!!!

And, if you're a member of the Weekly Click for Mom's e-newsletter, then you had the opportunity to submit a recipe or two to be considered for publishing in the book.

And, being that I AM a member of the Weekly Click for Mom's e-newsletter, I DID submit a couple of recipes to be considered for publishing.

And they were considered.

And at least one of them was chosen (not sure which one)!!!

SHUT UP, I tell you ... SHUT UP! Again!

In all seriousness ... I have better recipes. But for some reason, I was afraid to submit them! Don't ask me why, I just was. Just plain silly, is all!

At least they got a pro to write the forward. It written by Nigella Lawson -- and if you don't know who she is, let me tell you, she has faced more trials than anyone would care to even think about. I saw her biography on the Food Network, and I was stunned! Her mother died of cancer when she (Nigella) was 25. Her husband died of cancer. Her youngest sister died of cancer. But still, she pressed on, proving that cooking can and is rather therapeutic. She has a cooking show in England, one in America, and she has written a few cook books. I can't help but love a fellow foodie!

Annnnnyway -- the cookbook is available HERE -- It's $27.95, and will arrive just in time for Mother's day if you order no later than April 27, 2007! Woot! You can read the press release HERE. And ... you can go HERE to see what MothersClick is all about.

Yeah. I'm sure you have both of my recipes already, and you've made them over, and over, and over... but there are a ton of other great recipes in there. So ... if you happen to feel charitable, and if you happen to get the cookbook, and if you happen to see my real name in there... please don't stalk me, 'kay? (For that reason, I think I'll refrain from sharing which recipes I submitted ... although, I think they listed my blog in there -- oh well!)

Thanks for listening to me go on and on and on about this cookbook fundraiser and, hey -- SHUT UP!

7 comments:

Jeana said...

I'm having Seinfield flashbacks.

And I love the new picture!

Anonymous said...

No, you SHUT UP! That is AWESOME! Congratulations!

BTW, loving picture of you and the pun'kin.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! WTG!
SHUT UP!!!!, LOL
((huggers))

Donnetta said...

How wonderfully exciting for you!! I'm so happy for you!!

Susanne said...

You need to get a little more enthusiastic about about this Gibee! I mean really. :vD

How exciting for you! I'm just thrilled for you!

Heather Smith said...

Yay for you! I have so totally got to get caught up on blogs! I've missed the smiles I get from reading about the lives of others! I mean how have I been getting through my day without you telling me to shut up? I need a laptop for work, that's just the long and the short of it! That way I won't get behind on blogs when I'm out of town!

Shalee said...

Shut it! I'm thrilled for you GiBee. That's just too cool!