Anyone up for a fun summer cupcake baking contest?
If you are, let me know in the comments (or email me). I have been wanting to do one this summer, but didn't know if anyone would be interested or not...
Here are the sketchy rules*:
1) The cupcakes can be made with a box mix, but must have some extra "stuff" thrown in to make it a "scratchy-homemade" cupcake. So, relax ... homemade doesn't mean totally from scratch in this instance!They can be decorated nicely, or just a plain-jane cupcake ... whatever you want ... but the winners will most-likely be chosen based on the following categories/criteria*:
2) The cupcakes must have a 100% completely home-made frosting.
3) They should be as original as possible.
4) The recipe used for both cupcake and frosting must be provided upon submission.
5) A picture must be submitted of your frosted creation.
1) most scrumptious-est cupcakeIf we do indeed have a cupcake contest, I will choose guest judges that love to bake, and will ask them to help decide on the final guidelines and winners... meaning that they will have to be able to actually bake your creation!
2) Most extravagantly decorated cupcake
3) Most outlandish cupcake
4) Most likely to be eaten by children
5) Most decadent cupcake for adults
And of course ... there WILL be prizes ... oh, will there ever!
So, once I hear/read all 5 of my lovely readers opinions ... I'll make a decision, and an announcement will be posted soon!
*Criteria and rules will be finalized once guest judges are selected and give me their input.