Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tour of Homes

If you're looking for a "normal post", then you can go HERE. If not, then welcome to my home! BooMama is hosting this year's Christmas Tour of Homes again! Can't wait to see all the cool things others are doing! These are some of the Christmas decorations we put out this year.

Outside lights are a big part of our decorating, but I love to keep it classic with all white/clear lights. Many of our neighbors actually look like they had the stomach flu when placing their lights on their yard, if you know what I mean ... random, no rhyme or reason, no pattern ... but since chaos tends to overwhelm me to the point of a shutdown, we tend to keep it simple around here.






















This year, our Christmas budget was cut dramatically. Instead of my normal "pyramid" of gifts (or stacks and stacks), most are just getting one thing... but along with budget cuts, came the need to cut other "frilly" stuff ... like a Christmas tree. The cost of trees is crazy-crazy now a days, but what's Christmas without a tree? Well, last Sunday morning, we opened our front door to go to church, and guess what was sitting on our front stoop? A Christmas tree. With a note wishing us a Merry Christmas. That was an awesome gift... it means so much more to me than the giver will ever know. This year, I put the old "cookie ornaments" back on the tree, as well as "real ornaments." It looked so cute. (It looks way better with the lights on) I love the angel on our tree. She's pretty, yet not too frilly and fancy!

Last year, I had a miniature poinsettia in my snowman bucket. This year, I placed an ivy wreath in it, and it looks so cute!











The last two years, I didn't dare put out my little Christmas village. This year, with much fear and trepidation, I put it out. Hunter loves to touch it. Mommy hates for Hunter to touch it. But, whatcha gonna do? He loves to see the lights on in the windows, and I love to see it sitting in my family room!

Our Jesse Tree goes on a small Christmas Tree. There are more ornaments on it now, but when I took the picture, we were just getting started on it. I have been enjoying it so much.





Finally, our stockings are hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that no one will notice the dry-wall bucket of ashes to the left. Because, I certainly didn't when I was taking the picture!! LOL!

Well, that's all folks! Just a few small pictures of decorations at my home. Hope you are enjoying your week leading up to Christmas! Make sure you hop on over to BooMama's and enjoy the many other tours she has set up for you!

24 comments:

Robin said...

What a beautiful home you have. I love the simplicity in your decorating - it seems very meaningful to me. And your village is so pretty - I hope you and Hunter come to an agreement regarding it!

Hootin Anni said...

So so peaceful this looks!!!

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

on the Rock said...

Oooo love the cookie ornaments, and the fire looks so cozy:)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I love the cookie ornaments! And God Bless your Christmas Angel that brought your tree. How sweet is that? Your home looks very cozy and festive. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas and New Year!!

Laura said...

Oh Gibee, your home is beautiful! What a generous gift someone left for you, great story and the cookie ornaments are fantastic. Very impressive girl!

Veggiemomof2 said...

I just love that snowman! Great tour!

Jana @sidetrackd said...

Lovely decorations, Gibee. And what a neat story about your Christmas tree; it looks great with all of your "cookie ornaments"! Merry Christmas!

Jessica said...

I love that you do clear lights outside! It is very classy! So pretty!

Love Bears All Things said...

I had a lovely time. I know what you mean about the stomach flu. I like things kinda simple myself.
I love the picture of your little boy being lifted up to put the Angel on the top of the tree.
Mama Bear

Donnetta said...

I knew your home would once again be beautifully done! How very special that someone brought you a tree!!! A treasure indeed!

Truly a Christmas to remember!...

Elrena said...

That's so cool about your tree! You have a beautiful house, and a beautiful family.

Monkey Kisses said...

the snowman is the best!!!!! he did a great job!

Phillips Family said...

What a special gift someone gave you! Your home is beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Susanne said...

Your home is so inviting, inside and out! What a special gift the tree was for you guys this Christmas

Queen of My Domain said...

You have some beautiful ornaments but I'm really not surprised by that. I love the picture of Hunter with the snowman. Very cute. Thanks for opening up your home to us.

Nadine said...

Your home is beautiful. Lovely decorations. Have a Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Your dry wall bucket reminds me of the Pamers diaper box I use to carry wood from the garage to our sunroom! ;) It often just sits by the woodstove for days and I forget all about it.

Merry Christmas! Your decorations are lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Gibee, You have the cutest little boy I've ever seen. I just wanna eat him up! Oh your decorations are nice too!

Sandy said...

Hi GiBee - so fun to take the tour through your home! Now I can picture where you live ...
Give a smooch to Hunter!

Lauren said...

Love the village!

Shalee said...

What a blessing to get a tree like that... God is so good in so many ways!

Mama C said...

I am itching to know the secret of the popcorn garland. My boys would eat all of it! Your home is lovely. Merry Christmas!

Tammy and Parker said...

What a beautiful home. You are truly blessed.

Darla said...

i love the tree and the story of the tree!