Friday, June 22, 2007

An appology of sorts ... and a few rabbit trails...

Seriously -- y'all must think I'm a bad, bad person. You graciously come and read my blog, comment, and I ... well, I totally do not respond in kind. I'm really, really sorry!!

It's not 'cause I don't love ya! Really, it's not. It's because I am still pretty busy here at work. THE NERVE of my boss to actually give me work to do!! And I was invited to a celebration party this afternoon (the client actually signed the contract we presented and the deal is done -- wooohooo!), but its at a bar, and really, since I don't drink, I think I'll pass. Even though I broke my back getting stuff done, and really deserve a good pat on the back.

Instead, I'm hoping to slowly make my rounds to blogs this afternoon while everyone is out partying, but we're still pretty busy, and sadly, I don't blog on the weekends... so, don't feel slighted, my friends ... I'll be back around! I promise!

So, don't be alarmed if you see a slew of comments from me on your blogs... or if you don't see any comments on your blogs. That's just what my life is like right now ... a dangerous, split-personality combination of: "yeah, I can do it because I'm free right now ... and no, I can't because I'm busy now, even though I was free a second ago. Wait, I'm free now... nah. I'm not."

In the mean time, I'm off to put together a PowerPoint presentation on Hexavalent Chromium Exposure and Procedures, because I'm busy like that. Any tips? (I'm feeling so "Erin Brokovich" right now ... only a gazillion pounds heavier, and without the curly hair and shocking clothing. So really, I'm nothing like Erin Brokovich ... but I saw the movie! It is, after all, one of my favorites -- the TV version that is, because the DVD is just riddled with filthy language -- as in, "I'm blushing and my ears are burning all at the same time, and I'm sure there's some blood pouring from some orifice because its so crude" language. Shocking, I tell you. But it is still a great movie.)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get old mud stains out of a white shirt that I failed to notice had said mud stains, and ran it through the washer and dryer, and now not only do I have mud stains to remove, but set-in mud stains? Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Yeah. I'm the queen of rabbit trails.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try barkeepers friend, make a paste and apply directly (not to the forhead) on the stain and toss it in the washer. Use the powder form of barkeepers.

Jennifer said...

no idea about that stain. sorry. :-) Don't apologize for being busy; we all have to keep our priorities in order. Like me, I should be washing my hair and getting ready while Caleb's napping, but here I am. :-)

Susanne said...

Aww, to bad you can't partake of the party. They should have it in a restaurant instead.

Haven't a clue about the stains. Sorry, dear.

Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com said...

Try this for the set-in mud: Mix half a cup of borax with a gallon of hot water and a capful of liquid detergent. If the shirt will shrink, let the water cool to warm before you put it in. Let the shirt soak in the solution for 10 minutes. Pour the solution into your washer, add the shirt, and wash as usual. Check the stains before you put the shirt in the dryer. If they are still there, repeat the process.

Overwhelmed! said...

Try Spray N Wash or straight bleach. I've done this before myself and those have worked.

Gran said...

Don't apologize for being busy; we all have to priortize things in our lives and go from there. I enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you.

Try and get a little rest when you can. Have a wonderful week ahead!

Angela

Carol said...

I could have written this post - the part about being guilty of not visiting, I mean. We should repent, you and I.

Today, however, would be a good day for you to go ahead on over to She Lives. Go on.

Beck said...

Bleach, maybe? My mom has taken out some REALLY set-in stains in my kids' stuff by soaking them in a bleach and water mix.
I'm here from Carol's.

Barb said...

Goodness. I don't know why you're apologizing about not having time to leave comments everywhere. I can't remember the last time I had time. Things are looking up thought. I mean, here I am. LOL

About the stain. The problem is that it went through the dryer. The barkeeper's friend idea might work. For me, it's usually straight hydrogen peroxide that surprises me. It's amazing what it removes when nothing else worked.

If none of the ideas you've received work, I know for sure scissors work. :-)