Friday, September 15, 2006

A Cry of Outrage

Notice: Friends ... Shannon, at Rocks In My Dryer has taken the time to bring something (which I found quite shocking and plain wrong) to our attention -- a terrible comparison made by Rosie O'Donnell, co-host of The View, on Thursday morning's show: "Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America where we have separation of church and state..." I hope you take a moment to visit her blog to watch the video sequence and to read her very eloquent letter to Barbara Walters: You Have To See It To Believe It

I have joined with Shannon, as well as many others, and have written an email to Barbara Walters, Elisabeth Hasselbeck (the only conservative co-host of The View), and have mailed a letter to ABC's Audience Relations Department. I urge you to do the same.

House Cleaning: Please let me know if the video from last week is slowing loading my blog onto your computer ... I'll take it down if it is creating any complications.

Menu Plan Monday: Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie has a weekly post that I encourage you to visit ... Menu Plan Monday. She, along with many other ladies, post their menu for the week each Monday. Here's mine ...

Monday: Easy-Peasy Chicken Pot Pie, Salad
Tuesday: Chicken with Cilantro Sauce, Rice, Plantains
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, Coleslaw with Apples
Thursday: Chicken Marsala over pasta, Salad
Friday: Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with Sauerkraut, Scalloped Potatoes
Saturday: Tilapia with Mango Relish, Mexican Rice, Fresh Vegetables

I know that some of these nights don't sound "healthy," but we make just about everything from scratch (including the sloppy joes), using fresh ingredients (and some canned).

Have a wonderful day in the Lord!

5 comments:

Annie said...

I would love to know how you make your pork tenderloin with sauerkraut, my 3 year old loves sauerkraut and I love pork tenderloin.

Laura said...

Hello!!! Great menu! I'm with Annie and would love the recipe for the Pork Tenderloin. Have a good night! Laura

Susanne said...

Ya! That's a third for the pork and sauerkraut recipe! Your weekly menu always sounds so good! I've finally started to do this and have actually found it quite freeing. Imagine that!

Stacey said...

I'm going to check out the post and see what you're talking about. Sounds bad!

Menu looks great! Can I get that recipe for the pot pie? My husband loves pot pie : )

Overwhelmed! said...

I read Shannon's post and was pretty disappointed wtih Rosie's comment.

Your menu plan sounds wonderful! Care to share your Easy-Peasy Chicken pot pie recipe on my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange tomorrow? :)

Oh, and I hope you don't mind me giving you this heads up. On Monday, 10/2, I'm doing a one-time Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I’d love it if you were willing and able to participate. :)