Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Bible Funny -- Sort of...

I know, I know... I rarely post on weekends... but this was so cute, I had to share.

This evening, my husband was studying the Bible. He started off by reviewing our Pastor's notes from this morning, and moved onto a closer exposé on Paul, because he wants to get to know "Paul" better.

Any way, he was reading about Saul, and his encounter with God, when he burst out laughing. I, being the non-curious type (hahahaha -- ehem) asked what he was laughing about because, while there have been times that I smiled, or even snickered while reading scripture... I've never belly-laughed out loud -- and I needed know if I had to move far away from where lightning might strike.

So, Mr. Bee told me that he was reading in Acts 9, and came across a passage where God blinded Saul and told him to go to town. Then, the Lord spoke to Ananias in a vision... that's where he burst out laughing... See if you see the same humor in verse 11 that my husband did, because I did, and we both laughed out loud!

Acts 9:10-11-- 10In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered. 11The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Get it? The Lord was calling Saul out of his old life, and into his new life of serving the Lord... so essentially, the Lord was going to straighten Saul (Paul) out... Get it? Straighten Saul out? On Straight Street?

Bwahahahaha.

Okay. I know. We're warped.

What can I say... we're old. Go with it!

See you tomorrow in blogland!

2 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

*snort* Sounds like something the DaHubby would find hysterical too!

Susanne said...

God was probably up in heaven just waiting to find that little treasure. Who says He doesn't have a sense of humor?