Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WFMW: Invisible Kool-Aid & Cool Splenda Packs

Works for me Wednesday is hosted by Shannon over at Rocks in my Dryer! Head on over for other valuable tips!

So, who hates those red or blue or green stains on your kitchen counter, tables, floors, carpet, clothing, and faces??? I know I do! AND... There is nothing more frustrating than trying to make a pitcher of Kool-Aid only to have powder residue floating all over the counter, cabinet, wall, or anything else close to the pitcher. It is really annoying.

The remedy??? New Kool-Aid Invisibles.

Okay, maybe they aren't all THAT new ... but they are to me! I accidentally got a couple packages thinking they were the ones that change color when you add water, and when I went to mix it, NOTHING HAPPENED. It remained clear. It sort of confused me, because I was expecting a color change... until I checked the packages and saw that the mixes I got were indeed... INVISIBLE!

The smart people at Kraft have removed the dye from some of the Kool-Aid mixes, and as a mom of messy-Marvin, let me just say... Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! And not only does it make less mess, but I don't have to worry about the hyper-causing affects of red dye any more. Whew! Some of the flavors are: Watermelon-Kiwi, Grape, Cherry, Lime-Kiwi, Strawberry...



And for those of you that are shocked that I allow my son to drink Kool-Aid ... relax ... I don't use sugar in the drink mixes. I use Splenda, and the nice folks at Splenda have created a "Quick Pack" for "use with your favorite Kool-Aid flavor"! It is the same size as a Kool-Aid Pack, and can be found right next to them! Love it.

And while we're talking about Splenda... check out these adorable Splenda packet holders! They would make an adorable stocking stuffer, don't you think?

So let's recap: No faces to scrub. No shirts to soak. No drips to contend with. No hyper child. No sugar highs and crashes. No dye residue... no stains... no mess. this combination sure makes me happy, and TOTALLY works for me!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Okay, I had not heard of invisible Kool-Aid and I am SO excited about it. That's just brilliant! And, I am a BIG Splenda lover!!! GREAT TIPS!

Kim said...

I clicked too soon.... LOVE your new blog design too!

Jolanthe said...

very cool - by the way - those magic erasers work wonders on the koolaid (or any other) countertop stains. We have four kids - oh, who am I kidding - I generally stain the counters with strawberries, etc... and that lovely sponge wipes it all away with no scrubbing at all! :) and you have to love that!

Mindy said...

I am soo excited to know about this!! I hate having to choose between aspertame and suger, DID not know about the splenda for kool-aid, and CLEAR, wow! Very cool!

I found you through rocks in my dryer, thank you for sharing your story and for being so candid.