Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday Food Fun, & Other Things...

Announcement:

Would the person (or persons) that MESSED with the internet yesterday, causing it to be unbearably slow, chuggish, and made it impossible for Management to view her favorite blogs -- Please come to the office. If you spill the beans now, punishment will be minimal. If I have to COME OUT AND FIND YOU, punishment will be excruciatingly painful.

Sincerely,
Management.

Moving on to other more important subjects... Later this evening, or maybe early tomorrow morning, I'll be posting my LBY comments. Man, what a doozie!!! So, for now, I'll just keep it light.

My baby got all shotted up yesterday, and I'm so proud of him (or scared)...

Proud, because he handled himself like a champ.

Scared, because he cried so little, it makes me wonder how great his pain tolerance will be. He'll probably laugh at me and gleefully sing "nanny, nanny, boo-boo" whenever he gets spanked (GASP! -- Yes, I do believe in spankings when appropriate... Spare the rod, spoil the child... But, I also believe in time outs, too.)

His stinky ol' dad was there, but he made ME hold him down this time. He said I had to learn to get used to it incase he couldn't come out with me one day. Gee thanks. That's HIS job, not mine. My job is to stand outside and weep silently as my son lets out his howl of pain and surprise, and after it's all done, sweep in and comfort him, love him, cuddle with him... NOT PIN HIM DOWN AS THE MEAN NURSE JABS HIM REPEATEDLY IN HIS FLESHY LITTLE LEGS WITH A SHARP THINGIE.

Fortunately, he didn't cry very long, and within minutes, he was even smiling again. Oh, he melts my heart. One look into his big blue eyes, and I'm done for. And just to redeem himself, his stinky ol' dad took us out to dinner because mom was too exhausted to even think about cooking. Smart man!

So here are Hunter's stats: he is now six months old ... awe! My big, big boy! He weighed in at 18 pounds 2 ounces and measured 27" long. He can sit, stand while holding on to something, he knows his name, he can rock on his hands and knees, but he can't drink out of a sippy cup yet. Well, he can, but he can't hold it very well (probably lazy like his mom) and he really expects it to just flow into his mouth, and hasn't figured out that he has to suck. I've tried the cups with straws, but again... they all have that spill-proof suction thing going on and he's too lazy to suck that hard. Oh, well ... ya win some, ya loose some.

Now... moving on to the important part of this post... Another YUMMY Friday Food Fun Recipe... and ***OH.MY.STARS.*** -- This one is deee-lish in every way imaginable. It's a dip that can be served with fruit, cookies, biscuits, ehhh -- just lick it outta the bowl if you must. Any way you serve it, it will NOT be forgotten for a long, long time. My fav way of serving it is with sliced apples. So, if you try it, let me know what you think!

Toffee Dip with Apples

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened (room temp is best)
3/4 cup chocolate-covered toffee (such as Skor) chopped up into bits (about 4 ounces)
1 cup pineapple juice
6 Red Delicious apples, each cored and cut into 8 wedges
6 Granny Smith apples, each cored and cut into 8 wedges

Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Add toffee bits, and stir well. Cover and chill.

Combine juice and apples in a bowl; toss well. Drain apples; serve with dip.

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Stinky 'ol Dad! That's great! I'm going to use that my husband tonight. Yay! I love it. Husband's are useless when it comes to that stuff, huh? Glad the stinkster took you out to eat at least! LOL!

sarahgrace said...

You know, my second son didn't cry that much at all for his second set of shots either. Lo and behold, this time around- no such luck... I hate having to be the evil one that holds them down- its rough : (

Chilihead2 said...

Mmmmm. Can't wait to try that recipe!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your little guy handled it pretty well! Can't wait to try the recipe.

kpjara said...

Okay, so when 'they' (the unknown historians) said:

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away!"

do you think they meant to say:

"An apple a day dipped in candy bar sugary yummikins keeps the doctor away"?

I bet they did! I eat apples all the time and I still have to go to the doctor...maybe it's the dip I need! Thank you for this life saving tip!

Heth said...

Have you tried the little Nuby sippy cups with the silicone spout? Gemma couldn't figure sippy's out either, and these were great.

someone else said...

It's a wonder that babies' little thighs can even hold all the holes poked into them with "sharp thingies". Poor little darling.