Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday Feast

Hey, y'all ... I was tagged for the Friday Feast Meme by Becky at Joyful Mother ... I have been wanting to do this for some time, and now ... I have the perfect excuse. I mean ... reason. I have the perfect reason! Also, check back later, because I'll be posting a Friday Food Fun post after lunch!

Appetizer
How old were you when you got your first credit card?
Too young. I was twenty ... and it was a REAL credit card, not a debit card. It came with a really nice credit limit of $2,500, which I proceeded to ring up every last cent (and then some) within 1-1/2 years! I got married at 23, and it took me an additional 4 years to completely pay. it. off. Lesson learned ... Live by the credit card ... die by the credit card. Or ... die paying it off.

Soup
When was the last time you felt out of place?
Ummm ... is this question really necessary? Because if you know me by now ... then you already know that there aren't too many places where I feel OUT OF PLACE. Could be my outgoing personality, could be my multiple personalities. Not sure which one, but in either case, it's a good thing.

Salad
Did you have a curfew when you were a teenager? If so, what time did you have to be home?
Oh, did I ever. Once my parents became Christians, they became strict. My curfew was 10:30 until I was a Junior in high school, and then it was 11:30. Weekends only. No time extensions. End of discussion. And... since I was a good and obedient daughter, I would come home on time. My sister, on the other hand, was a brat. Well, not really, but she wasn't as angelic as I was, and she never came home on time, and never bothered to call and ask permission to be out late. To make things worse, my curfew was only extended to midnight when I turned 20, and as long as I lived under their roof, I had to obey it. And, I did. I sure hope my kids are as angelic as I was!

Main Course
Name a person from history with whom you feel you have something in common.
I have no idea! If you do, shout out, 'kay?

Dessert
When you read a newspaper, which section do you go for first?
Honestly -- I am more of a Good Morning America, and a Fox News junky, and don't really read the newspaper. My husband does, though ... from front to back, but he usually starts with the sports page, then he wanders over to the crossword puzzle (which I hate) and then finishes up the paper in any disorganized fashion possible.

10 comments:

Just Nancy said...

We had the same thought process with the historic figure!

My FF is up, too.

Stacey said...

YOu really were an angel weren't you? That was such a cute post! I always love reading more about you!!

Anonymous said...

That was fun learning what an angel you were. :) I wonder if angels have credit cards though? :) Thanks for the giggle.

Jennifer said...

Wow, I wish I had been such an angel with my curfew. Mine was midnight in high school (which, looking back, was too late). There were MANY occasions I was late. Too many to count, in fact.

ditto about credit cards. Have them for emergencies only now (and plane tickets!). HATE having to pay them off.

Anonymous said...

My FF is up too...

Ditto on the curfew, I was an angel and wouldn't have dared to be late. My brothers on the other hand...

And WHAT is with that historic figure? Geesh, did anyone come up with one?

Kristen said...

I hear you on the credit card thing and the curfew thing!! I will never own a credit card again, and my parents were the same way with curfew. My brother was the brat in our family. I always obeyed. Him? Not so much. I agree, I hope my kids are as obedient as I was. (please, please, please)!

someone else said...

What a fun post that was for a Friday! Love it!!

the lizness said...

I obeyed curfew too - do we get our gold star stickers yet?

Anonymous said...

Historic figure - isn't it obvious? Lucille Ball

Umm, don't ask... it's just the first thin to pop in my head and I'm not even sure if that qualifies as historic.

kpjara said...

I love this one...You are such a total sweetie and I had the same credit card problem when I started college, Lord forgive me. The hubs and are are shooting for debt free in another year to two...except the house of course.