Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday Food Fun

Well, I learned a lesson last Friday ... never post what the weather is, because chances are, the weather people don't know what they're talking about, and it.will.change. As it turns out, the light blue I saw peeking out from behind white puffy clouds turned gray within an hour or so, and the warm balmy temps turned cold and windy as a cold rain started to fall off and on throughout the day. So, I'm not even going to share how lovely the weather is right now, because I think there's a chance of rain for today, and with my luck, I'll bring it on!

As promised... here is a Friday Food Fun recipe... It's a time-honored recipe that almost everyone has either heard of, tasted, or made ... but if you're in the minority of those who haven't, or if you have a cookout or small group this weekend, this is the recipe to make. You'll be a hero! Just note that it must be refrigerated overnight.

Chocolate Eclair Cake

No-Bake Cake:
1 box Graham crackers
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
3 c. whole milk
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Cool Whip

Chocolate Eclair Frosting:
8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
4 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Butter a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Line bottom of pan with whole graham crackers. Mix pudding and milk for 3 minutes until thick; blend in Cool Whip. Pour 1/2 of pudding mixture over graham crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers over pudding mixture. Spread remainder of pudding on top. Add third layer of crackers. Refrigerate for 2 hours before frosting.

Chocolate frosting: Mix ingredients thoroughly. Add a little milk if frosting is too thick. Spread chocolate frosting over the top layer of graham crackers.

Put cake in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or overnight before serving.

Have a safe, blessed weekend, and enjoy the recipe!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!

I just followed from one blog to the next and found yours. What an encouraging place! I've bookmarked Kisses of Sunshine so I can find you again...thanks for the recipes!

Anonymous said...

OK. Right when last night I was thinking I really need to lose weight! Sigh! I'll just have a teeny, tiny piece, 'kay? I don't think I've ever had this. Sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I lost this recipe years ago, thanks!

Angie said...

Oh my, thanks for helping me out with the weight loss thingy I WAS trying to do!

My family has this competition every time we get together as to who will bring the best dessert. I am so going to win with this one! Yay! (I always win anyways!) Oh and we are getting together this weekend too. Yay! I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win!

Thanks for bringing our the competitive side of me today. (I thought I tucked her away for a minute, she's back!)

Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Chaotic Mom said...

Sigh, I LOVE your new look!!!!!!! I need to learn how to do this. Still trying. ;)

And now I know what I'm bringing for desert tomorrow! YEAH! Thanks for the recipes! The kids and I will have fun making together, bringing it to the neighbors tomorrow.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I love dessert recipes! Thanks for sharing.

Hmm...I think this would qualify for my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange! :)

the lizness said...

I heart chocolate eclair! a lady in our church makes it for every picnic so I get some on Monday :)

*whispering* hope your weather remains good all weekend

Jennifer said...

this recipe looks delicious!! I finally did the spiritual meme...it's on Reflecting Him. Thanks for asking me to do it...it was nice to think about all those things!

Anonymous said...

ummmm, i'm bookmarking this post!