Thursday, May 11, 2006

Random acts of Kindness ... and Ignorance!

OOPS! Edited to add -- I almost forgot to tell you that Hunter's second tooth broke through yesterday. Poor baby! Owie!

Hi, all! I was totally swamped today with work (yawn, I'm exhausted) ... and I didn't get to ANY of my blogs today! Pooh! And then, I discovered through a random act of "ignorance" (uh, yeah ... on my part) that I haven't been going to ALL the blogs that were bookmarked on my favorites, because my computer crashed two (or was it three?) weeks ago, and when they (IT) gave me my new laptop, they only gave me a partial copy of all my favorites. THE NERVE! So ... if you haven't seen me on your blog, can you leave me a comment telling me so, and I'll re-bookmark you! Thanks ... and sorry about that! It really wasn't anything personal!

And now ... for some Random Acts of Kindness ...

Okay -- first of all, we had a Board of Deacon's meeting tonight, and would you believe that my dear friend that makes those yummy cakes with the most delish frosting MADE ME A CAKE!!! She's so sweet... adorable ... and you all would absolutely LOVE her (I have a feeling she reads your blogs every now and then, cause she obviously reads mine!)... So, thanks trendy mama! I appreciate the cake more than you know ... but understand that those extra 5 pounds I've gained in the last month are killing me, so I just HAD to share the cake with the Board. Besides ... they were all drooling! hehe! And it was YUMMY!

Now -- I had two new guests comment on yesterdays post ... and you are not going to believe this. In fact, I DON'T believe it!!! Becky from Joyful Mother gave ME an award. I'm stunned! Thank you so much for the award for a well designed blog ... and all the credit really belongs to none other than Susie (check her blog out -- SusiePie -- very cute with a freshly updated new look) at A Little Luxury -- she is so talented and the brains behind my absolutely adorable template! Becky -- I can't wait to devour your blog tomorrow, because I we've got a lot of things in common, and we're going to be fast friends! Your blog is adorable, and I love your banner -- especially all the feet ... very cute.

And speaking of fast friends -- another fast friend will be Zoe from Zoe's Thoughts -- Oh yeah!! Now I have an international friend!!! And don't you love that name? Adorable.

Now, I must say that I really thought the bath ring was no longer being made because of all the ummm ... accidents (to put it gently) in the US that were related to this bathing ring. I even searched for it on line, and could not find one anywhere at all!!!

Until yesterday. When I got not one, but TWO links to two different bathing rings. And I must say, it certainly looks like they are making them a lot safer than the older models. In fact, Sandra from Diary of a SAHM gave me a link to a nice one with toys on it, and Shannon from Rocks in My Dryer gave me a link to one that connects to the tub. AND ... I can't forget the advice for the sleep sacks ... especially the awesome one that Heth from Under the Laundry Pile left me ... I think that will work out well!

So, Thanks to all of you for the awesome advice, encouragement, affirmation, and lovins, hugs and smooches you sent for Hutner. He sends it right back at you.

Finally, I had typed a bunch of beauty tips for y'all ... but for some reason, my entire page went blank, and when I went to "Recover Post" -- it only gave me HALF of what you currently see. And I was too tired to go back and find all the links [read lazy] ... so I'll share my secrets with y'all tomorrow. Maybe. If I have some free time.

So, GO TO BED, will ya? You're keeping me awake!!!

Smooches! [editorial note: spell check brings up "smashes" for "smooches" -- so "SMASHES" to y'all!]

5 comments:

Maria said...

You are going to LOVE both Becky and Zoe!! The have been friends of mine for awhile now. You can also see them and others like us at a message board we frequent womenathome.us/forums Come check it out you would make a great addition.

Chilihead2 said...

I haven't commented in a while and I just wanted to let you know I'm still here. Loving the template and the updates on Hunter. ;)

Heather Smith said...

Well, I didn't see this on Thursday. I saw it on Friday because well...I went to bed at a decent hour. No seriously, I don't usually do the internet much at night. Actually when I write I disconnect it altogether because its a temptation. Which reminds me, I need to start writing like I should again. Anyway girl, have a good weekend, and I'll TTYL!

Heather Smith said...

I tagged you for a MeMe on my funny site. http://heathersfunnythoughts.blogspot.com

Donnetta said...

He is getting teeth? Oh, they grow so very fast don't they!!?? Give him an extra cuddle from me for not feeling so well with breaking through a new tooth!

Hope you got some rest as well friend!!