Sunday, May 14, 2006

This is for all the ladies out there ...

Friends --

Let me start by saying ... my mom is 67 years old. She had me when she was 28 years old. She looks amazing, in my eyes!!!

Today is Mother's Day, and I am so thrilled, because it is my very first one with a real-live baby in my arms!! For many years, MANY years -- Mother's Day was the most painful day of the year for me, because it served to remind me that I did not have a child, and was not a mother. But my blindness and one-tracked mindedness caused me to forget one very important thing ... while I may not have been a mother to my own, I certainly served as a loving mentor to many children and teens throughout my married life. So, before I wish the Mothers a Happy day, please, allow me to tip my hat, and wish all the women who continue to struggle with infertility, and reconciling with not having a child, a wonderful, blessed, and peaceful day. You are brave. You are loved. You are precious to many. Especially Our Lord. Please know that I am honored to have such wonderful and strong women in my presence. And, my son will be a better man through sharing your love with him.

My husband honored me this Mother's day by placing a picture of me holding Hunter in the Washington Times this morning! I was floored, to say the least! When I find a link to it, I'll post it for y'all to enjoy!

Now ... I found two E-cards I wanted to share with you all for mother's day. Just click on the links, then click on "Open your E-Card" and then wait for the movie to cue up and click on the "click to start" button. Sorry for all the hoops you need to jump through, but its about as technically savy as I can get! There is a brief message from me, but the videos are the best part! Enjoy!

The first E-card is light and funny. Very cute. And really, I think we can ALL relate! (Don't forget to come back!)

The second E-card is encouraging, and very touching ... especially for all the moms that are feeling a bit discourage right now. Shannon's post from the other day touched me to the core. My heart went out to her, and all the moms that left comments on her blog. This e-card spoke volumes to me, and I just wanted to share it with all of you! (I think you'll need to click on each slide of the card to advance the pages.)

Being a mom is a tough job... and I really think God knew what he was doing when he chose the "woman" to be the "mom" -- And we're all doing a great job, raising fine children who are well behaved and who love the Lord with all their hearts.

So ... whether a mom, or a loving woman, leave this blog today knowing that you are loved. You are appreciated. You are amazing. And if you're discouraged, keep your chin up, because you are not alone, and I'm reaching my arms out through the computer offering you a warm-squeezie-kind of embrace and two extra arms to carry you through the day, week, or month until the sun shines bright in your corner again (or until all the laundry is done)!

Happy mother's day!

Warm hugs and kisses,

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Gibee, thank you so much for your post this morning, it's lifted my spirits :)

I hope you have a WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!! You are such an extraordinary lady and amazing mom, Hunter is so lucky to have you.

Hope you have a great day. Sending you huge hugs :)
Sandra

Diane Viere said...

Every day with your Hunter...must feel like Mother's Day!

Have a blessed day.

Diane

Carol said...

And YOU have the gift of encouragement! Thank you for the lovely e-cards, GiBee. I hope your day was blessed.

Pam said...

GiBee, these were both beautiful cards. The second especially touched my heart.

You are precious, and I wish we could get together for tea sometime. Happy 1st Mother's Day!!! You are so blessed.

see-through faith said...

Thank you for what you wrote here

"allow me to tip my hat, and whish all the women who continue to struggle with infertility, and reconciling with not having a child, a wonderful, blessed, and peaceful day. You are brave. You are loved. You are precious to many. Especially Our Lord. Please know that I am honored to have such wonderful and strong women in my presence. And, my son will be a better man through sharing your love with him."

many of us, churches too and certainly the Greetings card industry, are insensitive to the pain that mothers' day brings to so many

the infertile
and those from abusive families

my heart too goes out to them. Thank you

Randi said...

What a neat post today!

Happy Mother's Day!

GiBee said...

Thank you, friends, for all your well-wishes for Mother's Day. I had a lovely day, as I hope you did too.

Heather, welcome to Kisses of Sunshine. I hope you enjoy coming here.

Carol -- if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!! You also have the gift of encouragement, and a sweet spirit!

Peach, honey -- I would love to have tea with you! I know you've mentioned having a tough time right now, and I just wish I could reach out and hug you and be there just to help you out!

See through faith -- Welcome to my corner! Thank you for having such a sensitive spirit! Our church acknowledges moms and women who have or had a mom (that pretty much covers everyone). I think they are sensative to this, because they saw my struggle first hand. And, we all have the opportunity to be "Spiritual Moms" to those who come from an abusive home and never knew a loving and kind mother!

Anonymous said...

Gibee, you always say it so well! Thank you--you truly have the gift of encouragement!

Stacey said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too, GiBee!! You deserve it more than ever!! Hope your day was beautiful!!

Addie said...

Happy Mother's Day Gibee! What a beautiful and encouraging post! I hope you enjoyed your day as you played with the reward (Hunter).