Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tuesday Toss-up

If you could see my face, you would see that I am pouting. Lower lip jutted out as far as it can go. Dragging on the floor, in fact. Face despondently in hands. Shoulders hunched over. One lone tear trickling down my face.

Why, you might ask? Well ... since you asked ...

I had wanted to post an MP3 file for y'all to listen to today. I thought I had it all figured out. But nooooo. I didn't. I even had a few tips from someone (won't say who for a very specific reason, but she knows why -- don't want to give anything away, you know!) ... so ... if you're a genius wiz kid and can help me figure out how I can get an MP3 file off of my computer and onto my blog, Email me!!! I would greatly appreciate it, AND ... it will enable me to post this very important MP3 NEXT week.

So, for today, it's just another quote! Sorry! Nothing fun or exciting. Well, actually, I'll make it fun. Here's a comical quote about eternity. Tell me what's on your mind!

Here's how it works... Read the quote, process it a bit, and comment on what the quote means to you. Oh, and don't worry about the length or theology behind your comment ... it can be short & sweet, or long and detailed... just GO FOR IT!!

Life is Short, eternity isn't. Will your seat be smoking or non-smoking?

Don't forget to check back and see what everyone else is saying!

SPEAK OUT NOW!

13 comments:

Heather Smith said...

Non-smoking, definitely non-smoking! We actually had this on our sign at church a few months back. It's a cute little saying, but it actually makes you think! I love things like that! Look forward to your awaited toss-up. I've had troubles with MP3's myself!!

kpjara said...

Okay so while standing in the absolute AFFIRMATIVE YES to I am in non-smoking...this also reminds me to live here and now in each moment because our time here is so limited. I tend to forget that sometimes and get lost in the seeking upward too much!

God has a plan for me HERE too!

Stacey said...

I'll take non-smoking please. I love it!!

Diane Viere said...

Reminds me that this life is about so much more than now! We are just passing through--and yes, I'd like non-smoking-puh-leeze!

Diane

sarahgrace said...

That reminds me of a bunch of other phrases as well, like Know God, Know Life, No God, No Life- and "In case of Rapture this car will be unmanned", I'm seeing a parade of Christian bumper stickers go through my head-
but I'll take non- smoking as well, thank God very much!

Jennifer said...

I love this quote; it catches your eye and makes you think. Sometimes life seems to drag on, but when you have a little one in the house, you realize how fleeting it is. It is but a breath. Oh, and I'll take non-smoking, please! :-)

Angie said...

Non-smoking please.
We are just passing through afterall!
Great quote!

Shalee said...

"Life is a test. It is only a test."

We're not in the real deal now; this is just a warm up for the life to come.

Of course, me being me, I look at the quote and think "smoking!" I want to have Him light the fire in me so that I have a burning passion for Him.

Overwhelmed! said...

I hope my seat is non-smoking! :)

Hey, let me know when you figure out how to upload MP3 files. Enquiring minds want to know.

someone else said...

Definitely non-smoking. While I will be in a perfect place in eternity, I don't want to keel over from the smoke sooner than is necessary.

Pam said...

Definitely non-smoking . . . I practice that here, too.

Kristen said...

I will be in the non-smoking section. That's a great quote.

Every once in awhile I try to fathom the thought of "eternity" and it's just more than the mind can comprehend. Definitely would hate to get caught in the smoking section.

the lizness said...

non-smoking please, party of as many as I can bring, with living water to start.