Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thanks Tank

Pam at Without Fear hosts Thursday Thanks Tank, and trust me when I say -- there is no better way to improve one's outlook on life then to take a look at a list of what you're thankful for! Why don't you give it a try??

Here is a list of things that I am ever so thankful for...

1. My husband. Why? Because he grounds me -- daily. He leads our household to the very best of his abilities. He loves me regardless of my many shortcomings. He holds me when I need to be held. He is my very, VERY best friend in the whole wide world. He prays with me, and for me. He is a man of integrity, faith, and honor... and he has a wonderful sense of humor.

2. My son. He makes me laugh, cry, and sigh from the very bottom of my heart -- the kind of sigh that makes you feel like your heart might just come out with it! He loves to sing, dance, run, climb, jump, and he loves to hug and kiss mommy and daddy. Last night at church, he cried out... "Mommy!" and my sister in law pointed out to me that it was so sweet that now he's saying "Mommy" and not mama, or ma. It was a sweet reminder of all the times I cried, prayed, and begged God for a child that would call me mommy! Thanks for that special reminder, Sunshine!!

3. Scripture. It lifts my spirits, challenges me, and teaches me new things each time I read it!!! It renews me and refreshes me.

4. This week. I'm thankful it has flown by. I'm thankful Monday was a holiday, therefore shortening the week by one day!

5. An extra day off from work. I did absolutely nothing this weekend. Nothing at all. I didn't do laundry, didn't clean, didn't cook, and barely lifted my body off of my comfy chair, the couch, or my bed. I just relaxed, and was able to read an entire book in one day! Shock and awe, y'all! My husband carried the weight of everything so that I could just relax. He's the bestest!!!

6. Lessons learned. We're learning a lot of them: how to be fiscally frugal; how to budget tightly; how to make a dollar stretch; how to make a gourmet meal out of hot dogs. It's a challenge, and it can be stressful, but it's also rather fun!

7. Friends. Many of you have reached out and sent me recipes, links, notes, outlines, and all kinds of goodies on how to save money! Thank you so much!!!

8. My down blanket. I love to snuggle under it when it gets cold at night. It's cozy, comfy, and keeps me so warm that I don't want to get out of bed in the morning.

So, what are you thankful for???

4 comments:

Sandy said...

GiBee - of course my heart is so full of thanksgiving, too - but I really loved reading your list tonight because I felt like I got to know you and your heart a little more. Bless You!
Sandy

Faith said...

Greetings from the capital region of NYS. I just found your blog from one I visit regularly. I love your thanks tank list! I'll be back to visit. God bless you!

Jen said...

Great list GiBee. Very sweet words. Your a great woman.....

Tammy and Parker said...

I'm thankful for an amazingly cute snowman that was deliver to me and Parker.

We LOVE it!

Thank you so much. You'll never know how much you lifted my spirits.

Now......may I send you some marble magnets?


Tammy and Parker