Thursday, August 28, 2008

Here today... Back tomorrow??

Uhhh ... yeah. So, in the last two weeks, I've had my gall bladder removed, stupidly suffered pain because I didn't take the prescribed dose of pain killers (don't do that ... just ... don't), and went off to the beach for vacation. I have not checked on any of my friends lately, I've been remiss in reading blogs, and have been terrible about answering emails. I have missed a LOT. I promise I'll fix that real soon. Internet connectivity is good, but time with my boys and my nieces and nephew, and parents and sister out on the beach trumps. Sorry, friends! Family time is demanding but ever so enjoying.

I'm healing well, but having a few ... side effects ... which are ever so unpleasant, but will remedy themselves once my internal surgical "stuff" heals and takes over for the missing gall bladder -- hopefully it will be soon.

There are a lot of things going on with my cyber friends that I have totally missed out. I feel terrible, and will try to catch up with everyone this weekend. OHMYGOODNESS -- my mother is trying to talk to me in French, while I'm trying to think, type, listen to the Democratic Con[laugh]vention (ok, so I'm a Republican, sue me), and I don't even understand FRENCH! Just English and Spanish! Good grief. My brain hurts!!! Too much for me to take in right now.

I think I need to go back to the deck and absorb the sound of the waves.

And if any of you missed my post this time last year with pics from the view of my bed room at the beach house, here's another picture. It hasn't changed... At all... SIGH.



More pictures this weekend!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yea Republicans..

Hey wanted to tell you my Dad is going in for testing they think his gallbladder needs to come out. We will find out after tests. The pain started kind of all of a sudden, first thought it was food poisioning but it did not go away now they are saying gallbladder.

I guess it is...I will make sure he takes his pain med =)

Jen said...

Glad to hear from you...I was wondering what had happened with you.

Shalee said...

Good night girl! You're just like me when it comes to meds. I don't know why I get like that... heard to many addiction stories I guess. Well that or I'm too stubborn to accept the help that I need, whatever its form.

Go enjoy this mighty fine weekend with your boys. (And have your mom call me. I took French in high school. Surely it will all come back to me in a flash were I to hear it, right? On second thought, just have her send me some pain au chocolat. That would translate just fine.)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are starting to feel better, I hope you are back up and running at 110% in no time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience!! It's a nice picture from your vacation trip.