Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our God Reigns Here!

I'm going to open up and just be honest here, because I know I'm not alone.

Once in a while, I hit dry spots in my walk with Christ.

I've been a Christian for over 30 years (I know! And I look so young!), and it is easy to acquire the "been there, done that" attitude when reading scripture and walking your faith walk.

But even as a mature Christian, I face issues on a daily basis that leave me feeling like I just can't face them. They can fill me with fear and doubt. Praise God that I DON'T face them alone! I have the power of the Holy Spirit in me that help face trials and temptations.

But I am human, and many times (like now), I have trials that really leave me feeling afraid of what the outcome may be.

And then ... well, then something comes along my path – a little gift from God – that renews my spirit of faith, my strength, and reminds me that GOD REIGNS, and even if the outcome of my trials are not what I want, OUR GOD REIGNS and the battle is won.

Praise God!

And here is the powerful God Gift that came my way today that blessed my socks off. And I'm not even wearing socks today! I've listened to this ALL.MORNING.LONG – literally, and my spirit is renewed, and I'm ready to continue fighting this trial my household is going through. (Note to husband: Honey – you need to listen to this song ... claim the words and get a good night sleep tonight! I love you!)

And even after the gazillionth time of listening to this song, I’m STILL getting goose bumps. This was an answer to a prayer – no, really a CRY OUT TO GOD, that I sent out early this morning for courage and ENCOURAGEMENT.

I hope it blesses YOUR socks off too. Have a listen... again, and again, and again. There is power in these words!

Spirit of doubt and fear... depression, anxiety, addiction and infirmity ... I command you to leave in Jesus name. You’re not welcome here. MY GOD REIGNS here. I claim this ground in Jesus name because OUR GOD REIGNS. The battle's won. I have no fear, because God reigns here!
I claim it, I accept it, I believe it. Thank you John Waller! (he performed this song)

Go forth and worship!



p.s. -- It may not happen in MY timing, and the outcome may not be what I want… but the issues we are struggling with and the prayers we’re sending up will be answered!

2 comments:

Wretched Sinner said...

Gibee,
Thanks for sharing, and for listening to the Lord and allowing yourself to be used by sending that personal note. Love you sister.
-W.S. (Mike)

Lovely Rita said...

Great power song!