Monday, May 15, 2006

Nothing like a Monday Meme!

I was tagged by Carol at She Lives, and Heather at Funny Thoughts About Life's Crazy Happenings -- you may know her as Heather from The Rollercoaster Ride of My Life (girlfriend has time for two blogs -- go figure!).

Accent: Slightly Southern, so I've been told. Northern-southern?

Bible Book that I like: I love the book of Ruth. A beautiful story in many ways -- a story of undying devotion between a mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law; a love story between a man and a woman; a story of kindness, blessing, and redemption. It's a biblical novel of sorts!!!

Chore I don't care for: Gardening. I know, I know ... many don't consider it a chore, but a pleasure to do ... but because I dislike it so much, it's a chore for me. Oh, and scrubbing floors and tubs/showers. GAAH!

Dog or Cat: My first "child" was my dog -- a sweet, gentle, loyal Maltese. The best family lap dog ever, and so gentle with children. Even when they pull on her tail, hair, ears, etc.

Essential Electronics: Cell phone, laptop/computer

Favorite Cologne: Clinique's Happy. Love it. Won't wear anything else.

Gold or Silver: SIL-ver. All the way, baby! Or white gold. Especially with diamonds!

Handbag I Carry Most Often: Right now, I carry a little Vera Bradley toggle bag in petal pink and lime green. But, I'm waiting on two bags that I'll switch over to as soon as either one arrives ... THIS one in Black with Pink Gingham ... and something like THIS one in black and white with lime green polkadots.

Insomnia: Every now and then. Sometimes I lay awake until 1, 2, 3 in the morning and finally fall asleep, and sometimes, I wake up at 2 or 3 and can't get back to sleep. Less now than before I was pregnant -- praise God for that!

Job Title: Financial Analyst at work; honey, hun, mommy at home (my favorites).

Kids: Son -- Hunter -- 7 months old. Loveable, adorable, and the apple of my eye. Oh, and three frozen embryos ... wonder what they are? hopefully, we'll find out in another 5 months!

Living Arrangements: This sounds so "institutional" -- like in a dorm room or something like that! I live in a nice home in the Suburbs, and I would gladly trade down to a tiny apartment, if my husband were willing, just so I could stay home with my boy.

Most Admirable Trait: Compassionate.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Does throwing knives at my sister count? How about laughing at her when she got her finger crushed in an automatic garage door? Or when she ate a whole bottle of children's vitamins and had to have her tummy pumped? Yeah ... I was pretty mean. But so was she! [read with a whinny voice]

Overnight Hospital Stays: One surgery and birth of one baby.

Phobias: Claustrophobia -- particularly tight, enclosed and crowded spaces ... with people pressing in on you and there's no way to go -- like elevators, metro trains, or huge packed concerts or malls... with an inability to GET OUT FAST. Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh!!! just thinking about it sends me into a tail spin.

Quote: "You are a boil on the butt of humanity." Yeah, I know -- you're thinking, "Gee whiz, GiBee -- that's real spiritual" ... but it just cracks me up! And, I love Steel Magnolias. Tons of cool quotes from that movie! I also love Jerry McGuire's "You had me at hello." Sigh. And ... "D'you know that the human head weighs 8 pounds?"

Religion: Family of God. Born again Christian -- saved by grace. Does that count?

Siblings: 1 sister. I lover her a ton and miss her (she lives about 6 hours away!)

Time I Wake Up: 6:30 am on work days, 8:00 on a good "sleep-in" day.

Unusual Talent or Skill: I can gracefully multitask like nobody's business. Unless I'm holding my son, in which case, I drop him on his face. Not many people can do that gracefully!

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Broccoli (okay, I eat it every now and then, but rarely) and Okra.

Worst Habit: I crack my knuckles. Very un-lady like. And I can crack the knuckles in my toes. Gross, huh?

X-rays: Girlie stuff.

Yummy Stuff I Cook: Beef Roast, Turkey with cornbread-cranberry-pecan stuffing, lasagna

Zoo Animal I Like Most: Baby animals. So cute. Especially the baby panda at our zoo.

Whew! It took me forever to get this done!

I tag, Lauren from Created for His Glory, because I simply think she needs more to do; Peach from Just Peachy, because she has an adorable new template up; Addie from Life with Little Women, because I really think she needs the distraction right now (and our prayers); Becky at Joyful Mother, because I'm just getting to know her, and I think you'll like her too!

Have fun with this, girls!

14 comments:

Pam said...

GiBee -- Hey Girl! Thanks for the tag. I'll get right on it . . . sometime today. I'm havin' a lazy day today and catchin' up on all the blogs I've been missin'.

Loved reading your ABC meme. Lookin' forward to doing mine : )

Anonymous said...

Great meme! Nice to get to know you better & better! Hey my girls crack their toes too! EEEWWWW! Except now my oldest can't 'cause she fractured a bone in her foot. It's making her crazy not being able to crack her toes!

Heather Smith said...

Hey GiBee! Thanks for playing along. Kinda scared that you laughed at your sister when she had your finger crushed, but apparently she forgave you since you are now good friends that miss each other. LOL! Isn't it amazing what brothers and sisters forgive?
Oh and Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies too!
Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Gibee, that is one of my favorite quotes, too! :) That was fun to learn more about you.

kpjara said...

Love the bag! It is darling and I want one!

sarahgrace said...

Oh I feel for you and your dropping your son story, I accidentally banged my eldest son's head in the door jam when he wasjust a new born and felt terrible too-sure I probably cried about it also.

Rachelle said...

That was fun to read! So much fun to learn about you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gibee, tahnks for the tag. I've got mine up.

I for one feel much better knowing that you were not always as seet as you are now... at least to your sister.

The knuckle cracking I never would have guessed, you seem too girlie to be a knuckle cracker.

someone else said...

What fun answers! I especially laughed over the naughty behavior one. Sounds like my husband's tricks when he was a kid.

mommy to six J's said...

We have sp much in common I also love the book of Ruth,I hate brocolli, I don't garden because I dislike it so much.I am also a born agin christian saved by His grace. Thanks for the encouragement on my blog.Char

GiBee said...

Yes, I did laugh at my sister and do evil things to her, but I love her dearly and we are great friends now.

Lauren -- my mother did her best to raise a proper young lady ... even sent me to Barbizon. But finger cracking became an obnoxious habbit I just can't break!

Oh, well -- I just won't crack my knuckles around anyone on my blog! Wait a sec -- it's not like you can see or hear me! Never mind!!

Cracking away!

Carol said...

You did that to your sister?!?!? Wow. See why we need a Savior? [laughing, too]

Mama D said...

This was a cool tag. It's always neat to learn more about someone.

Addie said...

Thanks for the tag and the prayers. We're doing just fine here. And now I have a fun tag to get me back into the bloggin' game! :)