Thursday, July 12, 2007

5 Things I Love About Jesus

I was double-tagged by both Carol at She Lives, and Beth from Life With Two Little Vikings and I must say, that I was thrilled to be tagged for this Meme ... and once you read it, you may want to play along too -- so, consider yourself tagged!

Here are the "rules":

  • Those tagged will share 5 things they "love" (dig) about Jesus.
  • Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
  • Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.

Here are 5 things I love (dig) about Jesus ... and really ... it's hard to stick to just 5 because there is so much to love!!!

1. I have hope, because His mercies (compassion) are new every morning! (Lamentations 3:21-23) No matter how much a person may have sinned, or how far a person may have strayed from Christ, or how mean one can be ... his compassion for us never, ever stops. It is deeper than any pit of sin we might relish in, it is further than the boundaries we may have strayed to, and it is all encompassing -- for me, for you, for everyone.

2. I am showered daily by God's glory, and majestic beauty -- it is shouted out to me from the heavens! (Psalm 19:1) Literally! Each day when I come home from work, there is one particular spot that sits at the base of the mountains, and without fail, each day I am consumed by the beauty that God lavishes to me -- the sunset behind the mountain, the clouds with purple light behind them, the yellow finches that zoom by and perch close to the street, the storm clouds that form and look so plump, so inviting ... his beauty is everywhere, and ready for the "taking."

3. His love endures forever, and ever, and ever (Psalm 107:1) ... even when I feel I can't go on any more ... his love is right there for me. Even when I put up walls ... his love is right there for me. Even when I'm crushed ... his love is right there for me. He is so, so very good. After all ... He puts up with me!!! Imagine that!

4. He has a plan for me!!! He has a plan for my husband!!! He has a plan for my family!!! He has a plan for my son!!! He has a plan for you!!! (Jeremiah 29:11) Friends -- that is the one thing that keeps me on an even keel ... because no matter what my own plans might be, God has an ultimate plan for my life, and no matter how badly my own plans turn out, God's plan is always the best -- it is one that will prosper me ... protect me ... give me hope ... and a future. I may never be the wealthiest woman in the world monetarily speaking, but I am the wealthiest woman in the world spiritually speaking!!!

5. He provides me with a joy that leaves me full and overflowing! Even when I'm at my whits end, and it looks dark and frightening, and things are just falling apart ... His joy comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5c) Have you ever been camping, and noticed how cold and dark it is right before the sun comes up? In fact, it's a proven, scientific fact that the coldest part of night is just before dawn. And at that very moment, have you ever noticed how long it takes for the sun to burst through the clouds? Many times, sorrow we experience can feel like the coldest, darkest time in our life ... and we just can't see any joy. But even though our sorrow and weeping may occur, God's joy comes bursting forth. It casts those dark spots aside, making everything clearer, brighter, and more joyful! It's a promise! From God! And no matter how dark your "spot in life" may appear ... his joy can fill you up, and it is far more encompassing, and far more satisfying than sorrow! Hold onto that promise!

My five to tag (if they are interested and willing): Shalee (don't put this one off, girl!!!); KPJara; Susanne; Barb; Momrn2

8 comments:

Barb said...

I'm on it, GiBee. I'm also all over the 5 local restaurant meme you tagged me to do, back when dinosaurs roamed. :-)

Susanne said...

I'll be putting it up tomorrow. I love this meme and have been enjoying reading everyone's answers.

I didn't know you and Barb were around when the dinosaurs roamed playing meme tag. ;v)

Barb said...

Mine's up GiBee. Thank you again for tagging me. :-)

Barb said...

I hope you're sitting down. I finally did the restaurant meme you tagged me for, many many moons ago. LOL

Whew! I think I'm all caught up now!

moreofhim said...

Wow! Don't you just LOVE Jesus?!! He gives us so much and for that I'm so thankful! I really enjoyed visiting you and will be back again! God bless~

Raquel said...

God is awesome, he cares for us nd I so dig that :)

Carol said...

Oh, you made a good 5! And with verses, too. Verses are really good.

And Jesus is beyond awesome!

Katie said...

Love your scripture choices and commentary. Thanks for the inspiration.