Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Healing in front of the Television

I am home recovering from ankle surgery. A difficult surgery to be sure, as you can't bear any weight on your foot for two weeks, but I'm doing much better today.

The only thing I've been able to do is take pain pills, flip through a page or two in a book or magazine, and watch t.v.

Today, the world remembered Michael Jackson. The service was sad, and reminded me of a lost world craving, aching, dying for a Savior.

Yes, there were some "religious" overtones, but I was glad to hear Martin Luther King III and his sister Reverend Bernice King say one very important thing:

Let nothing, whether truth or rumor, good or bad (etc.)... separate you from the love of God which is through Jesus Christ.

Amen. That really needed to be said.

And now, I return to my drug induced squiggly line of existence. And some angel cake and strawberries that my friend brought over last night. My mother-in-law is bringing it to me. She's a wonderful woman.

Good night. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

So glad to hear you are recovering and resting. Praying the process continues without incident!!

Sandy said...

Hang in there, friend! Wish I could bring you a meal!