Wednesday, July 01, 2009

GET OFF THE ROAD, OLD LADY!

The other morning, I was on my way to work. I came to a light, and there were two cars in front of me. The light was green. The first car was stopped. She was turning right, and I'm not even sure what she was waiting on.

Silently in my head, I said: "Come one lady! Go!"

The car in front of me, not so silently, honked, honked, and HONKED his horn. I think he was a little bit annoyed.

Then it dawned on me. One of these days, I'M GONNA BE THAT LADY. I'll be the one that people yell at and say, "GET OFF THE ROAD, OLD LADY!"

Yes indeed... one of these days, I'll find my self stopped at a crossroad, green light in front of me, distracted by my various ailments, my thoughts focused on my fragile husband, my next doctor's appointment, or where my next meal may come from.

It brings a new meaning to the word... GRACE... A favor rendered by one who need not do so.

It also brings new meaning to: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Luke 6:31

And, it also brings to mind that my son had better have a good profession so he can afford to hire a chauffeur for his old mom and dad!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

A very good reminder. So important to take a breath before we get impatient with people.

Your last sentence cracked me right up.