Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thank you, Typepad Customer Service!


Oh, HAPPY DAY!!! YES! It turns out that there IS someone nice and friendly waiting on the other end of the Typepad customer service email thingamajiggy, and they truly are helpful! And, I'm all happy again!

And, evidently ... if you whine and complain to your Typepad blogging friends long enough about not being able to post comments on their beloved blogs, YOU WILL GET ONE OF THEM to look into it! Yes, YOU WILL!

So, my friend Carol at She Lives wrote a post and a little update here specifically for all the people who were annoying emailing her about problems with leaving comments on Typepad blogs.

And I read it, and actually did what she instructed me to do. Yeah. Shocking that I actually followed directions.

Anyway, I emailed the nice folks at Typepad, and they emailed me back, and I waited, and they worked their little fingers to the bone, then I hesitantly stepped out in faith, and LEFT A MESSAGE on a Typepad blog! Today! Yes, indeedie! It worked!!!

Here's what Typepad's email to me said ...


Hi there,

We will report the IP address and work on whitelisting it as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

So, there you have it. My IP is "white listed" again -- and I never knew it was "black listed!" Evidently, they added extra security measures, and as Carol said to me in an email, "they had to beef up their spam security stuff and, unfortunately, it's blocking "innocent" IP addresses." Yes, thank you ... I am innocent, and all that stuff.

Carol walks you through how to get in touch with Typepad (click here) and what info to give them if you're having problems leaving comments (your IP address, which you can get here, and trust me, you're going to wanna go there to get it, 'cause it's not what you think it is!). I highly recommend you read her post and take action. It's painless, after all, and they do respond!

And they actually thanked me for allowing them to be of service to me. How nice of them!

1 comment:

Diane Viere said...

So happy your typepad frustrations have been resolved. There is nothing worse than computer glitches! Wonderful, amazing technology....when it works!

Diane