Monday, June 23, 2008

What Makes Me Smile...

For some reason, Hunter has not been able to sleep a whole night in his own bed. He will come into our room and try to get into our bed, and one of us will pick him up and take him back to his own bed, tuck him in, kiss him, and come back to our own bed. Three or ten thousand times a night. Every night.

Last week, grandma and grandpa spent the night, and Hunter was so excited, that he couldn't fall asleep. So, we told him he could fall asleep in our bed and we would take him to his bed once he was asleep. The lights were off. The room was quiet ... all but the hum of my husband's cpap machine and the fan. The three of us were lying in bed quietly, trying to fall asleep. Hunter's little body was pushed up tightly next to me.

Out of the blue, I felt this tender, butterfly touch on my shoulder. Hunter was rubbing my shoulder lightly, and he whispered in my ear... "yuv you, mommy ... yuv you."

It melted my heart. I whispered back, "thank you, honey... I love you too!"

Then, I could feel him toss and turn as he found a comfortable position, and all of a sudden, there were two little feet in my face, and Hunter saying... "Kiss piggies mommy! Kiss piggies!"

Ahhhh ... it's the sweet moments that bring a smile to my face.

4 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Awww...I remember trying to coax and coax and coax Flicka to say "I love you"...if not to me to ANYBODY! LOL But it's like she knew we wanted to hear it but was withholding on purpose! LOL When she finally DID say it, it was so sweet - like first steps all over again.

But, with Pojke, my mediator who immediately goes to comfort someone who's upset, "I love you" was one of the first few full sentences he uttered.

But, those few unplanned spontaneous moments like you had with Hunter are so sweet you suck in your breath and hold it to keep it from passing, huh? Makes being a mom ALL worth it! :)

Susanne said...

LOL, that is sweet!

Sandy said...

Ah, incredibly sweet and cuddly!

Shawna said...

Awww, that is so sweet! How I love little boy piggies! Ah heck, I love all things little boy...

Isn't it funny, just when you think you're about to burst you're so sleepy, they go and run your back or something, and melt your heart completely?