Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WFMW: Quick Stain Remover for Work

Kristen at We Are THAT Family is the new host of Works For Me Wednesday (WFMW)... Thanks, Kristen for hosting this great carnival!!! Hop on over to catch a gazillion tips.

My tip is simple. I've improved on a tip that Oprah shared many, MANY years ago. I don't watch Oprah any more, so if she's shared this already, than I'm none the wiser... but for the sake of argument... let's say I'm the brilliant one here, okay?

Actually, a friend at work shared this tip with me. I can't take ANY credit for being brilliant.

Anyway - at one time, Oprah toted the MIRACLE! of BABY WIPES! for CLEANING STAINS! off of your clothing.

I disagree -- respectfully, of course... because after all, there IS a reason why Oprah is a self-made billionaire, and I ... well, I AM NOT. But the reason I disagree with Oprah is simple: The very ingredient that she claimed removed the stains (Glycerin) actually leaves a stain on the garment. Did you know that? Yep. A little greasy spot. I guess it might actually be one of the many other ingredients in baby wipes -- because glycerin is toted as a stain remover... anyhow... I'm just going off of personal experience of dozens of little baby-wipe stains.

A friend of mine brought to my attention the power of a wipe that has actually worked very, VERY well for me: Clorox Disinfecting Wipes.

Yep. You heard me! Clorox Wipes.

They do NOT contain bleach, and they do NOT contain glycerin. They do not discolor or stain. I wear a lot of "dry clean only" items to work. I also spill a lot of stuff on my "dry clean only" items. You know what I do? I wipe it lightly with the Clorox Wipe (or sometimes vigorously), and let it dry. It actually evaporates within minutes. Done. Clean. No stain.

I know cleaning stains off clothing is not an "approved" use of Clorox Wipes, and I know I'm not an expert on chemicals or natural "stuff" -- but it really works.

It's what works for me!

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

Oh, thanks for sharing about this. I have been afraid to use wipes because I thought they would stain the clothes. What a great tip!

My latest post: Deceived by Complacency