Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday Musings

Things worth musing over ... maybe ...

1. Funny how far behind I can get on reading my most loved blogs, and other new blogs when I'm home for the weekend. Real funny.

2. Funny how busy Sunday, the day of rest, can get. As in -- NO rest.

3. Funny how much I love my sister-in-law, because she brought her new lap top over and let me play with it. PLAY with it. Not just touch it. Well, I'd love her even if she didn't, but wasn't that nice of her?

4. Funny how my husband wants to live on a budget and save all kinds of money but doesn't want to eat leftovers, refuses to eat hamburger helper (which I adore) and insists on healthy vegetables and fish. Oh ... and don't mention Aldie's ... we had a little 'incident' with the Pastor and an Aldie's store, and I think he's staying away from this store just to prove a point. He's sooo mature.

5. Funny how we can be out all day long shopping at the outlets, and when we get home, suddenly, I have to change our son, and I have to feed him, and I have to fix dinner (yeah -- leftovers -- and he's pouting), and I have to entertain our son, and I, and I, and I, and I ... while my husband sits in front of the computer and drops threads all over the fishing websites he likes to hit.

And the funniest thing...

6. Funny how when my husband finishes his thread dropping (or whatever), and I ask him to play with our happy child while I get some blogging done in the den, this is what I hear coming from the family room...

baby: eeehhh, eeehhh, eeeehhh
dad: honey, do you think he needs any Tylenol (he's teething)
mom: yeah - he probably does
baby: eeehhh, eeehhh, waaaaaa
dad: he's really drooling really bad and he's chewing on his fingers
mom: GIVE HIM TYLENOL, I'M BLOGGING.
baby: waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaaa
dad: think he needs some orajel or something?
mom: yeah - can you get it? I'M BLOGGING.
baby: WAAaaa, WAAAaaa, WAAAAAA.
dad: honey, you need to come here. I can't take this. He's in a lot of pain, and it's making me tear up too!

mom: OH, FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY! Can't a woman blog in PEACE? PEACE I say?

dad: ummm... I think he wants a bottle, too.

mom: Of course you do. But don't worry. IIIIII'll get it.

So -- I fed him, rocked him, put him to sleep, and here I am ---

Shoot! I gotta go - husbandjustcuthisfingerwithabreadknife. Might need stitches. DRAT Pampered Chef Bread knife.

This only happens in real life, floks. Real life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your husband cut his finger and you still finished writing you post? You crack me up!