Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Quick Note of Concern

An extra post for today -- oh, the deliciousness of it all!

So, I had just arrived at the building where my chiropractor is, and I was going up two flight of stairs behind an older woman, a younger woman, and a child. I followed behind them long enough to get this conversation (as they walked into the glass doors for an office called "Behavioral Health Somethingness*"), and it really left me concerned!

Older woman walked ahead of younger woman and Child --

young woman: (speaking to child) Now - where do you live?
child: with you.
young woman: right. And how are you doing?
child: fine.
young woman: no -- how are you feeling ?
child: happy?
young woman: right - okay - hold my hand now and smile (as they entered behind the glass doors)

I know this, because I wrote it down as soon as I got into my chiropractor's office -- I was that disturbed by the whole thing. Am I over reacting here? Is there any reason why I shouldn't be concerned by this very "coached" exchange?

*Name slightly changed to protect the intrest of whoever might need to be protected (but the Behavioral Health part is true).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would call the clinic and report it. It sounds pretty scary. You're right to be concerned.

Anonymous said...

Shudder.

Anonymous said...

It sounds bad, but honestly I think these people are professionals who run into things like that, the coaching part, they must know how to get to the truth, don't you think?

Maybe the best thing to do would be to pray about it and if you're still concerned in the morning then give them a call. I think that's what I would do.

Anonymous said...

Good point from Lauren--they probably can spot "coaching". And also good point that I'd pray it about if I were you. Basically, I'm just ditto whatever Lauren says!

And I laughed at your comment on my blog...I felt the SAME way when my first little boy was the age of yours--so overwhelmed at all the boyishness to come. But I'm telling you, the first time that little guy uses his muddy hands to give you a flower he (shouldn't have) picked in the backyard, it will be ALLLLLLLL worth it, I promise.