Wednesday, April 11, 2007

WFMW: Eye Shadow Base

Welcome to another Works for Me Wednesday Tip, brought to you by none other than Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.

Today's tip is really silly, since I rarely use eye shadow, but on Sunday's and on special occasions, and some times at work(like today), I like to use eye shadow to dress my eyes up. I only use naturals (like cream and brown) but one thing I absolutely despise is putting eye shadow on and finding that it's gone within a couple hours.

I happened to mention this to the nice Clinique lady that was trying to sell me $5,000 worth of product (actually, most of my makeup is Clinique because I have very sensitive skin)... Anyway, she sold me a product which I absolutely love. It's called Touch Base for Eyes.

Touch Base for Eyes is a base that you put on your eye lid prior to putting your eye shadow on. It's the color of your lid, but it forms a sort of barrier that prevents your shadows from smearing, fading, creasing, and disappearing. You just smudge it on with your finger, and then apply your eye shadow.

The total investment for Touch Base for Eyes is $13.50, but if you're vain like me, and like to look pretty longer than two hours, than Touch Base for Eyes is for you! Besides ... as infrequently as I use eye shadow, it's bound to last for the rest of my days.

Now, I'm sure there are other products that do the same thing, but I found this particular brand to be trust worthy, gentle, and it works well... so why bother with other products? This one is light, nude (Canvas), and lasts all day long (using foundation on the eye lid doesn't work like this product does).

You can GO HERE if you want to read other peoples reviews on it.

13 comments:

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

Great tip. I use a dab of concealer for this same purpose. It works pretty well, too. :)

Shalee said...

Oh, if only I wore makeup long enough to warrant this purchase...

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm like you, I don't wear makeup often but when I do I want it to last! I'll have to go find this product.

Thanks for the tip!

Susanne said...

Great tip, 'cause you're right foundation just doesn't do the trick. I'm an apply it once and never look at it again for the rest of the day kind of girl, so I'm definitely checking this out!

Jen said...

Great idea! I'll have to try this out. :)

Anonymous said...

Great tip! I didn't even know this existed. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely check this out.

BTW, have you ever tried Bare Esscentuals? It's all-natural and is for sensitive skin (I have sensitive skin too). I am loving it. My mom gave me a starter kit for Christmas.

You can buy it on QVC (they are showcasing it on April 26/27--see their web site for details) or at an Ulta store.

Stacey said...

I've never even heard of this but what a great idea! I never wear shadow because it flakes in my eyes and messes up my contacts. I bet this product would really help! Thanks Gib!

Ms. Kathleen said...

I have always used cream to powder foundation, which is what that looks like to me. I am happy you found something you like. I admire women who don't wear makeup daily. Personally, I never leave home without it.

Just me ☺

Anonymous said...

Ooo, fantastic! I have to get some next time I stop by the Clinique counter. Thanks so much for sharing! =)

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

what a great idea! I just put my powder on first - but that looks like a great product.

Kimmy said...

I LOVE that eye shadow base... I use to use it all the time and forgot about it -- thanks for the reminder. And thanks for posting a comment on my blog! What an encouragement! I also truly love reading your story and how you are willing to share such hope and faithfulness to others. I commend you. ~ Kim

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I love that stuff! Thanks for the reminder; I don't get to Clinique very often these days.